[Pogamut-list] Multiple Servers in 3.2

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Apr 22 19:08:51 CEST 2011

Re: Multiple Servers in 3.2

Author: jacob.schrum

>That GameBots2004.ini you're talking about is packed inside UT2004Tournament project jar, so there is no need for you to >pack it manually as it should be loaded right from the tournament jar? **puzzled** Or it is not working this way for you?

I was working exclusively from the 05-deathmatch-1vnative artifact, which didn't include the INI. I was able to figure out that it was necessary by looking at the source, and I just copied my own to the right location. By the way, UT2004DeathMatch doesn't seem to completely restore the original INI file when I use it. My port configuration is messed up every time after I run 05-deathmatch-1vnative.

>Yeah, that's true, customization of every bot is not implemented yet. Would it suffice to add "pass specific -D params to this >instance of bot" ? I.e., you will be able to specify PARAM_NAME=VALUE per bot instance?

This might work. If I go this route, I'll tell you how it works.

>AgentStats are now part of every bot ... check this.stats within your bot class (if it extends UT2004BotModuleController), if it >does not, you can instantiate AgentStats for yourself.

I know that AgentStats is in every bot, but can I access it if I use UT2004DeathMatch to launch the bot from a jar file? I would assume that in this case the JVM just treats the bot as a blackbox process.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=676&post_reply=1#form>