[Pogamut-list] Feedback, Things that don't work properly and things that should be included

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 13 09:43:17 CEST 2011

Re: Feedback, Things that don't work properly and things that should be included

Author: michal.bida

> * The rocket-launcher has an alternate fire that gives you the ability to fire 2 or 3 rockets in an spiral.
> As a user, you have to do the following: Charge 2 or 3 rockets by keeping pressed "right-click" then while pressed make a left-click and then stop pressing.

Yep, I know. This currently does not work for bots - it was simply not implemented due to low priority.. :-) I'll look into it (it should be easy to add it).

> * Sometimes to get to some spot that is higher, you can use the hammer by jumping and the shooting against the floor with the primary fire charged:

This probably can be done, but it will be a little bit tricky - you need really good timing for this (this may be a problem to do with our bots)  :-/

> * When you get hit an enemy the method that tells with which weapon you hit the enemy is not working. The string it should return is empty. I am talking about getWeaponName() on BotDamaged.

Hm, that's weird. But anyway you can get the current weapon the bot is using by calling info.getCurrentWeapon() or querying the weaponry module.

> * I currently don't know how to make a shock-combo:

It is possible to get the position of slow puprple shock rifle projectile. You need to make listener on IncomingProjectile message. The time is important here though, so maybe you will need to compute the exact location of the projectile (but the time, location and direction of the projectile are available in the message, so it should be possible).

Best,
Michal

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=646&post_reply=1#form>