[Pogamut-list] Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jul 20 08:18:23 CEST 2010

Re: Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi!

This is truly a mystery - I've checked the code and it should not happen.

Do you spawn your bots automatically?  I mean, did you changed the bot spawning mode to manual by any chance?
Whenever the bot dies it respawns itself automatically (unless you send Configuration message with ManualSpawn set to true). We've never experience such problem before.

I've also checked that the WARNING message does not pose any problem - it simply reminds you, that some message from GB2004 has been discarded as the bot is dead (it does not throw any exception that would kill the Pogamut).

Are you sure that there is no "busy waiting" in your code that would pause the whole execution (processing new messages)?

Also, I would suggest a simple experiment: create a new project from samples (EmptyBot) run it and kill it (in the game) ... see what happens. Does the bot respawns ok?

Cheers!
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=293&post_reply=1#form>