[Pogamut-list] Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

Piotr.Murach pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jul 20 11:01:19 CEST 2010

Re: Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

Author: Piotr.Murach

Yeah I know that it is rather strange, previously when I was only running the bot for one scenario it  was always killed, and switched to the dead state but did not hang up things. Now the scenario is repeated numerous times in the experiment and at k time it has tendency to just hung up but I must say it occured to me twice so far though I have run far more experiments than that, that is why it is so weird.
Yes I am usually testing my code with hunter bot just to be on the safe side which was the case also in
experimental set-up topic thanks to which I managed to find the bug.

Yes I am using manual spawn but only during initialisation to set the bot at localisation of my choice, but once it dies it is automatically resapwned and stopped by me issuing this.bot.stop message. In my experiments I always execute the same sequence of primitive actions which sooner or later end in bot dying as it does not do any combat actions etc.

Finally, after the freeze happened I left the app running for about 1 hour in hope that it may be some thread waiting. However, it just waited with the two bots frozen in the middle of the map, quite amusing scene.

I shall try few more times with hunter or emtpy bot to see if this happens. Please could you explain more by what you mean "busy waiting" so I can target my code better.

I have plenty of objects that are initalised before bot starts and executed in the logic method but none of them runs in a seperate threads. Yes, I agree that something may be erroring and the message being swept under the carpet  later coming to freeze the code. I will definietly put some more debugging statements today and see if this happens again.

Thanks for quick response, I will keep fighting but in the mean time if you have any more ideas guy please send them my way.

P.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=293&post_reply=1#form>