[Pogamut-list] Experimental bot setup

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jul 12 18:17:25 CEST 2010

Re: Experimental bot setup

Author: michal.bida

> Unfortunately, you can't:
> - remove items from bot inventory
> - you can't force items in the map to respawn

If you respawn the bot, you get him to his initial state - no additional weapons or items in the inventory except for the initial ones. So the only thing you CANT do now is to force items in the map to respawn. However, if you wait for 88 seconds, everything in map will be spawned again. (88 secs is I guess time needed for quad damage and  superhealth, other items needs probably less. Check: [http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut-devel/doku.php?id=ut2004_items_respawn_times| respawn times]). Downside is that 88 seconds is quite a long time. Restarting the server is a faster solution.

It would be possible to implement command that will automatically restart all items in the map - but I dont know when I will have some time to do this. I might have some this week or as late as in August. :-/

Best,
Michal

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=277&post_reply=1#form>