[Pogamut-list] Own A* (originally posted by jakub.gemrot)

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jul 12 12:14:38 CEST 2010

Re: Re: Own A* (originally posted by jakub.gemrot)

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi!

The way the Jacob described is currently the most correct one as the whole UT2004 server along with UT2004 server is restarted. However it might slow your experiments down if one experiment is short (let's say 4 secs) as restarting takes about 30secs?

If you seek not to restart the server, you need to have commands to set the UT2004 environment (map+bots' states) into some default state.
Pogamut will provide you with commands to do this:
- you may respawn bots
- you may set health/armor to any bot
- you may give any bot any item you want

Unfortunately, you can't:
- remove items from bot inventory
- you can't force items in the map to respawn

I assume that mentioned obstacles will force you to always restart the server. But... I will contact our UnrealScript expert :-)
if it would be possible to extend GB2004 commands so you are able to remove items from bot's inventory / respawn items as well.

Would you need anything else?

Cheers!
Jakub

--