[Pogamut-list] Navigation crashes in UT2004 examples

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jul 8 21:57:16 CEST 2013

 Re: Navigation crashes in UT2004 examples

Author: jakub.gemrot

Thanks!

Looks extremely fishy :-/

By analyzing the logs, I can tell:

1) Yylex warnings
=> bots are unable to parse several attributes from GameBotsUT2004 messages
-- sound like OLDer version of Pogamut is used against your version of GameBotsUT2004
-- such problem is not fatal ... does not explain those failures

2) FatalError happens in navigation
-- Location.getDistance() error (probably NPE)
-- UT2004BasicTimeoutEstimator.getTimeout() ... points to Location.getDistance() as well

3) exception stack traces always mention UT2004AStarPathFuture
=> your bot is using UT2004AStarPlanner ... UT2004 internal mechanism for obtaining path
=> that means your running TRULY OLD bot with GameBotsUT2004 ... you should be using FloydWarshalMap instead (Java internal path-finding class)
-- all our bot templates are using FloydWarshalMap

=> I think that you have somehow materialized older archetype using older version of Pogamut.

=> Can you zip the project folder and publish it so I can verify it?

Cheers!
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=1191&post_reply=1#form>