[Pogamut-list] Movement Primitives and Steering

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jun 15 08:28:16 CEST 2012

Re: Movement Primitives and Steering

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi Hman, thanks for your questions!

1) Which version of Pogamut are you using? (check pom.xml file and parentPom version declaration)

2) We're about to release version 3.3.1, may be you should already switch to version 3.3.1-SNAPSHOT (devel version),
note that switching between Pogamut versions are just about rewriting mentioned declaration in pom.xml file
so it is easy to switch back if things go wrong for you ;-)

3) Are you working with UT2004 or Emohawk?

4) For UT2004 there is also module "navigation" and navigation.navigate(LocationToGo) and check navigation.isNavigating()

5) no, there is no simple way to smooth the movement due to inherent complexity of the problem ... its up to you
to recognize, that your bot is about to reach your target point and ask Pogamut to change its navigation to a different
location ... I'm about to start working on this topic to make this easier for developers, but there is probably no clean
solution for that as "next location to go to" is something you as developer has to provide or perhaps change or cancel,
so there is a lot of user logic involved and thus a lot of "customization" features must exist

Cheers!
And let us know how is your project going!

Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=965&post_reply=1#form>