[Pogamut-list] Set Accuracy

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jul 6 19:23:13 CEST 2012

Re: Set Accuracy

Author: michal.bida

In method getInitializeCommand, modify the Initialize command - set attribute setDesiredSkill somehere below 3 (it can range from 1 to 7, 7 is the best accuracy). This sets unreal internal accuracy system to be more or less precise.

However there is a small caveat in this - I was speaking with Daniele Lociano on this topic and he told me, they were doing evaluation of how human like the native unreal bots miss when the standart UT mechanism is used. They've found out, that it is not very human like - the bots don't take into account theirs + shoot target velocity (if the bots are standing still they will keep missing the target the same as they are moving). Only thing that seemed to matter was jumping. So just that you know. You can set gamebots server in GAmeBots2004.ini file for bPerfectLocation aim to be true (bot will shoot precisely on the location provied - only location not player targets). This way you can implement your own "missing" mechanism.

best,
michal

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=997&post_reply=1#form>