[Pogamut-list] Advice on version to use

jshaffstall pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Aug 10 18:31:33 CEST 2012

Advice on version to use

Author: jshaffstall

I'm preparing for a game AI course I'm teaching (soon, yikes!) and was interested in using Pogamut as the platform for students to test out different AI techniques.  I wasn't entirely sure which version to use.

I installed the Emohawk bundle and got it working.  It seemed like it would do what I minimally needed, but I couldn't work out how to get the UE2 runtime to connect to a remote server (so students could connect from their computers to my server to interact with the bots).

Would UT2004 be a better choice?  I think that's still a for-pay product, though, which probably lets it out for my purposes in a computer lab.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_parentId=1035#form>