[Pogamut-list] Raycasting for player observer

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat May 14 15:02:39 CEST 2011

Re: Raycasting for player observer

Author: michal.bida

I have implemented support for automated ray tracing messages for bot observers. Update Gamebots in  your UT2004 folder with files here:

svn://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/trunk/project/Main/Gamebots/GameBotsUT2004

Ray tracing for players is not supported (and it would require bigger changes). However I have implemented support for TRACE and FTRACE commands for control server. So when you have control server instanciated you can make trace and fast trace queries and you receive result asynchronously. (TRC and FTR messages, or TraceResponse and FastTraceResponse in Java).

You can use this to get information you need. Be carefull though as trace and fast trace commands can be computationaly intensive ( I would recommend to limit the number of queries to max 10 per 250 ms per player).

Best,
Michal

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=756&post_reply=1#form>