[Pogamut-list] Selecting a better weapon

rowan pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Mar 23 18:41:16 CET 2011

Re: Selecting a better weapon

Author: rowan

Hi,

I am working on a university project about bots and learning, not on a bot for the botprize, sadly.
The idea about the weapon selection is that the bot should learn to pick the best weapon for the current circumstances, based on its previous experience.

Instead of using WeaponDescriptor I am experimenting with a custom class that uses a distance factor, damage factors over short and long distances, and also the bot's success rate with the weapon.

I am hoping that this will provide some interesting results :)

Rowan

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=593&post_reply=1#form>