[Pogamut-list] Netbeans plugins not appearing

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Mar 19 18:09:44 CET 2011

Re: Netbeans plugins not appearing

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi, yothre! Welcome to the forum!

I guess we're lacking on the documentation side of our project. What you're experiencing is feature not a bug ;-)

Philoshophy of Pogamut 3.2.0 has greatly changed since 3.1.x and older versions. Pogamut has been completely mavenized, that means that example projects has moved to be maven archetypes that we're maintaining / providing in our Maven repository. See: http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz:8080 our continuous integration tool and http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz:8081/artifactory is our Maven repository for Pogamut.

To create sample project you must undergo an obscure method for adding archetype into Maven project categories as described by slides here: http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut_files/lectures/2010-2011/Pogamut3_Lecture_01.pdf
(NOTE THAT YOU MUST USE MAVEN VERSION 3.0.2!)

We're going to resolve this "discomfort" in next release of Pogamut but currently NetBeans are truly weird as they do not correctly support addition of new archetypes into their IDE.

Please, tell me if that helped or should I continue with more explanations.

Cheers!
Jimmy

P.S.:
You may even you release or SNAPSHOT versions of example projects. Release version (3.2.0) will always use 3.2.0 version of Pogamut platform, SNAPSHOT version (3.2.1-SNAPSHOT) will be using the current "SVN" version.

As maven repo you may use: http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz:8081/artifactory/repo

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=2&comments_reply_threadId=2&comments_parentId=589&post_reply=1#form>