[Pogamut-list] Navigation path problem

Jakub Gemrot jakub.gemrot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:33:45 CEST 2011

Oh, please use Pogamut 3.2.3 version, might be better as pathExecutor
is using more tuned navigator.

Just change the version of parent pom inside pom.xml. That's how easy
is to switch between nvarious
Pogamut versions ;-)

Cheers!

Jakub

P.S.: we're preparing UT2004Navigation module that will wrap
pathExecutor + fwMap into one object
and provide "runToLocation" / "runToPlayer" methods which are
recallable. See version 3.2.4-SNAPSHOT

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Jakub Gemrot <jakub.gemrot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Yes, unfortunatelly pathPlanner is using underlying "UT2004 A*
> Algorithm" that won't return path that is longer than 24 path nodes
> (== navigation points).
>
> fwMap is good if: you need to run between navpoints only
>
> pathPlanner is needed when: you need to run to some arbitrary location
> ... but you have to watch out for long paths.
>
> Personally, I always test "where am I" when pathExecutor stops (either
> due to error in navigation or reaching the target),
> just to be sure that I'm in the position == state I wanted ... if not,
> try to recover.
>
> Regarding premade methods, check out DistanceUtils class, I think it
> does what you need.
>
> E.g.: DistanceUtils.getNearest(world.getAll(NavPoint.class).values(),
> info.getLocation()) will return nearest navpoint to you.
>
> Also if I remember correctly, there is a info.getNearestNavpoint() method.
>
> Chees!
>
> Jakub
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Sören Dierkes
> <soeren.dierkes at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:
>> Ok it works with fwMap:
>>
>> pathExecutor.followPath(fwMap.computePath(getNearestNavPoint(bot.getLocation()),
>> item.getNavPoint()));
>>
>> is there an existing method to get the nearest navpoint?
>> I wrote now an own one, could be inefficient ;-)
>>
>> Am 20.07.2011 10:10, schrieb Soeren Dierkes:
>>> Hello Jakub,
>>>
>>> first of all thanks to you, that you :)
>>> I used pathExecutor until now like this:
>>>
>>> item =
>>> DistanceUtils.getNearest(items.getSpawnedItems(ItemType.FLAK_CANNON).values(),
>>> info.getLocation());