[Pogamut-list] Fwd: Fwd: Logic Exception

Jakub Gemrot jakub.gemrot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:30:44 CEST 2011

Hi!

The problem is, that the "belief base", that is "WorldView" object of
the bot does not get updated while
you are in the logic. That is done in order for you as a user to be
spared of inconsistencies which
may otherwise arise.

You must not write busy-waiting while-cycles like that. If you wish to
wait till the opponent gets to your field of view,
you have to create a "state" (something like ...
WAITING_FOR_ENEMY_TO_APPEAR) and if you are in this
state then check this players.getNearestVisibleEnemy().

That is ... logic() method must not contain busy-waiting as that gets
you nowhere. Instead, you have to
remember what you want to achieve and check it in the next iteration
of the logic.

Does it help?

Cheers!
Jakub