[Pogamut-list] Proper Server Termination

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Apr 22 22:23:01 CEST 2011

Re: Proper Server Termination

Author: jacob.schrum

Regarding the FatalErrors:

I'm wondering what the scope of "the whole agent system" is. Like I said, I think that my code is working fine despite seeing these errors,
but with a multithreaded system it is hard to know. I'm just concerned about the communication going on between Threads. If one bot
experiences a FatalError, then what Threads does it tell about that fact? Will the FatalError interfere with other bots (which themselves consist
of many Threads)? Will they interfere with other servers (even more Threads)?

If bots are aware of which Threads are associated with them, then I guess the FatalErrors have this information as well, and can avoid messing
with anything else. I guess I'm in non-standard territory since I'm running so many Threads/servers/bots in a single execution.

Anyway, enjoy your vacation!

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=682&post_reply=1#form>