[Pogamut-list] Problems with sending commands to GameBots

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Apr 10 20:48:27 CEST 2011

Re: Problems with sending commands to GameBots

Author: jakub.gemrot

Cool! I'm glad we've sorted it out.

You're right, the documentation should link there + we should run through it and clean it a bit (as it has not been swept through for two years now!).

If you have any other trouble, post again! GB2004 protocol is not that hard, but interaction with GB2004 might be worse than it seems. Please also note that protocol is not all. There is A HUGE LOAD OF CODE that is painting facade onto the protocol in order to make it easily / quickly usable by newcomers to Pogamut, thus you might have a lot of work before you (for instance Weapon handling is particularly weird as there are two types of item ID's ... one id belongs to the item in the environment, i.e., one that is laying on the ground, other one is InventoryId that is communicated via AIN message when you pickup new weapon). I would recommand you to quickly go through the source code for Weaponry, Items, AgentInfo.

Cheers!
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_reply_threadId=5&comments_parentId=633&post_reply=1#form>