[Pogamut-list] Problems with sending commands to GameBots

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Apr 10 17:30:13 CEST 2011

Re: Problems with sending commands to GameBots

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi! And welcome to the forum!

There might be several issues...

1) are you flushing buffers of underlying socket objects? (otherwise they are kept "inside your process")

2) are you carefully sending \r\n as line ends? (otherwise GB2004 won't recognize them)

3) the documentation for GameBots2004 might be a bit OLD! Always check with the latest JavaDoc whether such command still exists see:
http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut_files/latest/doc/javadoc/
search for package: cz.cuni.amis.pogamut.ut2004.communication.messages.gbcommands
this source of commands is credible, as we are using them in java
RUNTO command in particular has been joined together with STRAFE command into general MOVE command

I think that (3) will resolve all your problems :-)

We're sorry for misleading you with old documentation and we will try to fix it as soon as possible!

Cheers!
Jimmy

P.S.: if you have any other problems feel free to ask no matter of the length of your question!

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_reply_threadId=5&comments_parentId=633&post_reply=1#form>