[Pogamut-list] How to make a simple double-dodge??????

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Apr 9 14:58:46 CEST 2011

Re: How to make a simple double-dodge??????

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi!

Cool you're making some very clever bot! Just side notice - there is an addon project UT2004Tournament (there are already some example archetypes for it) that will allow you to repeat 1 match many times in order to give you solid statistical validity about the efficiency of your behavior.

First thing I will have to do is review code inside Senses class, it wasn't used much so it is possible there are some bugs there as you're reporting that some methods are not working.

Second, if "senses" are going to be fixed, your code should work.

Third, listeners are concept that is used a lot in pogamut, synonymum for that is observer / callback ... basicly you may hook up a "listener" to various events that are happening inside UT2004. For instance there is an event PlayerKilled (some other player died), so you may easily hook a listener to that. See "responsive bot" tutorial and the example archetype in order to see how it is done (basicly, you may create a method in java and annotate it with @EventListener, think of @EventListener as semantic information that is indicating that this method should be used as "callback" when some concrete event occurs in the world and is sensed by the bot).

Fourth, yes fwMap is much better than pathPlanner but you can't use it to plan to any location (sadly), but you may use navBuilder to actually alter the navigation graph the fwMap should work with.

Fifth, we're going to revisit the Jungination again (much has happened since the time the tutorial was written) and as I'm not the one who has written the library, I can't truly give you any info for that. But you may write to the author Lubomir (varga at plaintext.sk) and ask him personally.

I'm sorry I'm currently in the middle of preparation to my PhD final exam, so I can't help you more currently. I'll be free around mid of May.

Cheers!
Jimmy

P.S.: I would be greatly interested in pro-tips about UT ;-)

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=621&post_reply=1#form>