[Pogamut-list] Credible rotation (Rotate and TurnTo command)

frank_fjs pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jun 1 18:18:14 CEST 2010

Re: Credible rotation (Rotate and TurnTo command)

Author: frank_fjs

Hi Michael,

that works and I can perform both axis movement using only TurnTo command (now I don't need mix TurnTo and Rotate commands)

I have another question, is it possible move a bot without changing it rotation? My question is because I want to move my bot like a human player can do, only thinking "I want go to left" and not "I want go to left so I turn to left and I go ahead". I simulated that using Move command and setFocusLocation() but this way I must calculate the Location and fix a far point in axis that I want to see.

In brief, is it not possible move like a human player do with keyboard and mouse? I think Rotate command do that like using mouse (but only one axis) but Move command are linked to a absolut location (and a human player are not thinking that)

I was reading a little bit of Javadoc and GameBots documentation and I saw that all movements and rotations are always based in location, rotation or target. Maybe it is interesting too can move bots with a relative aproach like human brain do. What do you think? (Maybe that must be in another Topic)

Thanks one more time :)

Frank

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=214&post_reply=1#form>