[Pogamut-list] Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jul 23 13:36:05 CEST 2010

 Re: Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

Author: jakub.gemrot

So there is no exception logged in the stdout? Do you always need to stop the experiment manually?

Or it  just crashes?
(This could be due to JVM Heap size, how long do you need your experiment to run? Couldn't you just increase the heap size? I.e., via java -Xms512m YourBotClass
I've already tested the Pogamut whether it leaks memory and it should not (the base UT2004 gets gc()ed regularly).
If it is JVM Heap problem - do you have some listeners hooked to UT2004Bot's worldviews from outside the UT2004? If so, these
instances can hang up in the air.)

I suppose the Pogamut will hang in the air not doing anything (so I assume that heap size is sufficient and there are racing conditions involved). For this case I will write a test case tonight that will force two bots to kill each other endlessly (let's say 1000x?). And more... Second test case - that will reinstantiate new bot after it is killed 10times.

Do you have some hints, how could I enhance these tests so it would match your setup more precisely?

Best,
Jimmy

P.S.: I also assume, there are no exceptions logged prior the faulty DEAD STATE, right?

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=293&post_reply=1#form>