[Pogamut-list] Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jul 20 09:13:35 CEST 2010

Re: Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

Author: michal.bida

Another idea - could it be caused by some unhandled exception? Do you call some methods on your bots from different than the bot thread? If yes, envelop each of this call by try catch block (I've recently had a problem that I was calling some methods from different threads on the bots, it caused null pointer exception, which was NOT propagated to standart output and everything then entered a pretty weird state - similar to what you are describing. ) "Try catch" block might help. Also add some print logs, so you know the state in your code that actually precedes the stopping. If everything fails, try to debug the code with breakpoints and step over.

Best,
Michal

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=293&post_reply=1#form>