[Pogamut-list] Experimental bot setup

Piotr.Murach pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jul 16 20:06:23 CEST 2010

Re: Experimental bot setup

Author: Piotr.Murach

Hi guys,

Thank you for your comments so far, they definitely helped to set few params up.

However, I am desperate for more help after failing to solve the problem myself in few attempts.

I must say that it is very important for me to be able to set the positions of the two bots. MyBot, my custom implementation of a bot, always performs a given sequence of actions of a fixed length and then stops. Plus it is crucial to me to set a native bot in given location and specify its skill level. Because it is CTF game type, I need to reset the scores each time the scenario/experiment is run, and the best solution for that would be to kill the agents and restart the server each time to start afresh.

I have tried the approach with StoryControlServer in the pastie. The problem with this is that though I am able attach the MyBot and native bot to the server, and specify their exact location and rotation, methods such as server.kill() or server.killAgent() do not work at all and I cannot find a way to kick the agents out of the server once they are done. Plus in this approach I cannot see a way of restarting the server.

In the second approach kindly provided by Jacob I am unable to connect MyBot and native bot to the server. I am using the AddBot wrapper

   AddBot nativeBot = new AddBot(...);
   server.getAct( ).act(nativeBot);

, this call works perfectly fine for the previous approach whereas in this it just does absolutely nothing.

I would be happy to use any of the approaches as long as I can do this sequence of steps (in pseudocode):
server = ucc.start( );
server.getAct( ).act(new AddBot(...));
server.addMyBot( );
server.killAgents( );