[Pogamut-list] Use of Translocator

Piotr.Murach pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jul 9 00:38:53 CEST 2010

Use of Translocator

Author: Piotr.Murach

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to say what an amasing job you guys from Pogamut are doing, really impressed with the idea and the way this project is carried out. I am currently doing my dissertation and since two weeks I have been vigorously :-) coding my experimental research using your platform. So far your examples and tuts been a great help. However after few attempts I cannot get few things working.

One of them is using translocator. Using other weapons with changeWeapon works just fine but when I am calling the same code for translocator I get this nasty exception. One of the variants I've tried is

1. ItemType translocator = ItemType.TRANSLOCATOR;
2. action.getBot().getAct().act(new ChangeWeapon().setId(weaponry.getWeaponInventoryId(translocator).getStringId()));

and the error is caused by weaponUpdate method, ""Can't update ammo amount for non-ammo item type....".  (see Weaponry line 656)

Is there something I can do to fix this or some workaround?

Second issue is connected with setting rotation when initialising a bot. Setting location works fine whereas the set rotation method does not respond at all? I have found rather hard-coded solution to this but I thought I will check with you.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_parentId=276#form>