[Pogamut-list] Death Location - HeatMap

cazub pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Mar 31 23:48:17 CEST 2009

Death Location - HeatMap

Author: cazub

Hi i've created a heatmap (frag map) object based on the in game map. Everytime a bot dies the frag value at that location should increase by 1. Everytime the bot gets a kill  the kill value at that location should increase by 1.

I have a message listener for Deaths and i'm wondering a couple things

- if the bot has died will i still be able to get its location from memory.GetAgentLocation(); ?? Or will it have been reset by the time my Listener fires?

- is there a way to determine the closest navPoint to that location that is already built into Pogamut? Right now i loop through all the navpoints searching for the closest when the bot dies which isn't exactly efficient.