[Pogamut-list] Questions regarding pogamut and UT2004

Adrian pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Mar 19 14:21:04 CET 2009

Questions regarding pogamut and UT2004

Author: Adrian

Hello,

I have read your various web pages regarding pogamut.  Your project looks very interesting. How ever I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following.

I currently run a popular  UT2004 server on the internet which runs with bots which are then removed as normal players join the server.
I also employ a couple of aimbot client's which sit in seperate virtual machines and connect to the server automatically.  These aimbots just there and shoot at anything that comes their way.   They hardly ever score kills; there sole job being to entice more players onto the server due to the fact that they are viewed as regular players and not bots.

I have been wondering though whether it would be possible to employ AI techniques in order to allow these 'players' to move around the maps,  and even talk using input from a natural language program in order to help convince players that they were indeed real.   I'm not interested in these players actually being any good at UT, but just that they appear to be as real as possible; i.e pass the Turing test from most players point of view.   I was also wondering whether that instead of these players following bot paths,  whether it would be possible to make them 'see' around them using visual techniques ?.

Would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Thanks, B.

www.unreal2004server.com

BTW  email to pogamut at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz is currently bouncing.