[Pogamut-list] Spectating Game using different ports

Vince15 pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Mar 14 12:23:31 CET 2009

Re: Spectating Game using different ports

Author: Vince15

Do you mind if i tell you what i did to see if something is wrong or missing?

I launch the server using ecc and I pass as parameters also the two ports:

^ucc server ...?BotServerPort=3002?ControlServerPort=3003^

Then, I create my bot, let's say a the sample Hunter, and I use the commands:

^Agent bot = new Hunter();
bot.bindLocalParser(new URI("ut://127.0.0.1:3002"));
bot.startAgent();^

If I do that, almost everything is fine. The bot gets into the game and starts playing. If I set different ports, the bot can't enter. And, of course, I can use more servers at the same time having bot playing in them... using the ports to chose which one to get in.

What I don't understand is:

1. Even if I can actually spectate the game by simply clicking on the LAN Server List, inside UT I read it's using the port 7777.
Trying in several ways I found out that in UT I automatically see in the list only one of the many running servers. It's always the first been launched... no matter which port it uses.

2. I set two ports (bot and control) but I give to the bot only one of them. Shouldn't I need to set also the control port somewhere?

Sorry for all these doubts, but I'd like to know all this stuff better before starting developing for real.

Thank you!