[Pogamut-list] A* pathfinding

jcothran pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jul 28 04:43:16 CEST 2009

Re: A* pathfinding

Author: jcothran

Trying to use the AStar functions, but having the same issue as the earlier poster.

Was able to interchange retrievePathAStar for retrievePathGB as suggested in the code,

PathManager.PathResult pathResult = pathManager.retrievePathAStar(nav);

but always get in the IDE log

PATH A*: failed unable to get path A Star

Using the latest java source from the developer svn.  I've been trying to debug why the AStar functions are broken, but its a bit much learning curve for me to debug.  If someone could post a corrected version that works, then I could move forward with experiments in altering the open list of nodes to only points of consideration for certain behaviors(evasion,flanking,etc).

Muchos gracias,
Jeremy