[Pogamut-list] understanding geometry, visible/hidden navpoint filtering

jcothran pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Jul 11 00:10:19 CEST 2009

Re: Re: Re: understanding geometry, visible/hidden navpoint filtering

Author: jcothran

> Last post was incomplete, continued
>
> code example:
> for (int i=0; i(less than or equal to )155; i++) {
>   NavPoint testNavigationPoint = memory.getKnownNavPoints().get(i);
>   if (testNavigationPoint.isVisible()) { log.info("navVis("+i+")"+testNavigationPoint.UnrealID); }
> }
>
> What function or example would folks recommend to get a bot to report the set of 'visible' navpoints from its current navpoint?
>
> Thanks
> Jeremy

Any advice regarding why getVisible does not return the correct 'visible' nodes or how to call it or another function to get the same effect of getting the bot to report the currently visible nodes from its current location?  I've posted the full example Main.java I'm using at http://code.google.com/p/sqlitebot/source/browse/trunk/test1/Main.java , the code does not really require the sqlite database(can comment out any sql/jdbc references, the code(and bot) just loops between navpoints#128-129(starting around 'navlog' line 860) on the DM1-on-1Crash level, with the node corresponding to InventorySpot3 being in a hallway which should have very limited visibility(visible navpoints reported to the output log).

Beginning to feel that not only is the bot limited to a navland view, but that navland view is incorrect making further AI development along that path(using getVisible function) a problem.  If its an incorrect way or understanding of the function on my part or other issues regarding bot memory, etc would like to know.

Thanks
Jeremy