[Pogamut-list] understanding geometry, visible/hidden navpoint filtering

jcothran pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Jul 1 18:14:36 CEST 2009

Re: Re: understanding geometry, visible/hidden navpoint filtering

Author: jcothran

> First, what is visibility matrix? It's boolean matrix where (I,J) is true if bot standing at navpoint I can see navpoint J. If you have such matrix, you can obtain some intristing informations from the information "what navpoint you're standing at", "what navpoint is your enemy standing at" just by applying and/ors on rows from visibility matrix. But we did not implemented that yet but it should not be hard!

I might try substituting 'table' for 'matrix' with a database approach - essentially a single-evaluation lookup table for each navpoints visibility in relation to other navpoints and then a SQL select statement like:

*table navpoint
map_name text,
from_navpoint_id int,
to_navpoint_id int,
visibility int #0=hidden

*return hidden navpoints
select to_navpoint_id from navpoint where map_name='my_map_name' and  from_navpoint_id=my_navpoint_id and visibility=0;

Will post if I come up with anything.

Cheers
Jeremy