[Pogamut-list] understanding geometry, visible/hidden navpoint filtering

jcothran pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Aug 6 04:18:56 CEST 2009

Re: Re: understanding geometry, visible/hidden navpoint filtering

Author: jcothran

> Hey guys , i always had trouble with the isVisible functions...

Hey Cazub,

Thanks for the post, after that earlier post I went through basically the same process you describe using the visible function, except that I saved the results to a sqlite table instead of a file, the results of that experiment are documented at http://code.google.com/p/sqlitebot/wiki/Bot2

The spot that I'm at now is documented on the forum relating to trying to get a working version of the AStar function going - the visible functions are still creating problems with that also though I believe as at one moment the bot 'sees' things and the next it does not resulting in premature path failing.  I can either try to understand/fix the existing pogamut visibility function or program around them by creating a map table lookup location/visibility type index to provide the missing functionality.  Haven't started on that part yet, hoping maybe the pogamut core developers could provide a working visibility/AStar example before I wade into the code and learning curve.

Cheers
Jeremy