[Pogamut-list] Full memory

rudolf.kadlec pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 15 16:06:19 CEST 2009

Re: Re: Full memory

Author: rudolf.kadlec

> The problem is when I don´t even delete any bot, and the first one I launch fulls the memory. I have to say that if I use ray-casting it happens more quickly.

Bots store some info in their internal memory - mainly incoming GB messages, so if they aren't deleted from the UTServer node in the IDE they cannot be garbage collected. Try running "Clear all" action on the UTServer from time to time.

> Didn´t you have any memory problem while evolving your bots?

Yes I had :-) And believe me that initially there were much more problems then now. But when I properly dropped reference to bots the same JVM was able to run for hours without exceeding the memory.