[Pogamut-list] mapping bot

cazub pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Sep 13 01:32:48 CEST 2008

Re: Re: Re: Re: mapping bot
> ok jakub i'm stuck :( ,  i don't think i understand how to check for PATH_FOUND
>
> String pathFound = "";
> pathFound = gameMap.pathManager.retrievePathGB(this.choosenNavPoint.location).toString();
> if(pathFound.equals("PATH_FOUND")){
>                 this.gameMap.pathManager.runAlongPath();
> }
>
> is what i'm doing and that doesn't seem to be working, how do i do this exactly??

Ok i'm noticing that if i put
gameMap.pathManager.retrievePathGB()
anywhere in my doLogic loop my bot is extremley unresponsive, never seems to find a path and if i have something like

this.body.sendGlobalMessage("String printing before retrieveGB");
gameMap.pathManager.retrievePathGB()
this.body.sendGlobalMessage("String printing after retrieveGB");

basically neither of those messages will get posted, even if i bury the retrievePathGB into an if() statement and thsoe messages are not affected by retrieveGB in any logical way......... they STILL won't be posted. I had to get rid of that retrieve function entirley to get any sort of logic to function for my bot. Needless to say a bot that doesn't move isn't of much use :( Any ideas? , still not sure how to check for "PATH_FOUND" either

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_reply_threadId=238&comments_parentId=222&post_reply=1#form>