[Pogamut-list] mapping bot

rudolf.kadlec pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Sep 10 08:44:57 CEST 2008

Re: mapping bot

>     Q: Can i some how just respawn my bot at each location rather than try to travel to them?

getBody().respawn(location, rotation);

>      Q: should i be using ray traces instead of visibility functions? Is there an easier way to do this?

Ray tracing was always reliable when we were using it so try it. Do you thing that the isVisible function on Navpoints is broken? Do you have any testcase?

> 3) I can't get the current Map name out of my bot.
>      Q: How do i do this? is there a field in  the this.gameMap  variable??

No there is no such field, but you can get the map name by parsing the navpoint name.

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_reply_threadId=229&comments_parentId=222&post_reply=1#form>