[Pogamut-list] Am I dead?

schrum2 pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Oct 14 16:49:15 CEST 2008

Am I dead?
I have a Java SPOSH bot where the first behavior has only one sense that starts with the code:

BotKilled bk =
         (BotKilled)this.bot.getMemory().getFromMyHistory(MessageType.BOT_KILLED);

log.info("Last death message: " + bk);

Therefore, I would assume that the log should show a record every time the bot dies. However, I've seen the following message in the "in" log:

type BOT_KILLED, UnrealID null, ID 0, is visible , damageType: XWeapons.DamTypeShockBall, killer ID: 250

But I'm not getting a corresponding message in the "info" log. More importantly, I seem unable to sense whenever the bot has been killed. I've also tried using the the this.bot.getMemory().getWasKilledBy() method, but it always seems to return 0.

Any idea what's wrong here?

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_parentId=287#form>