[Pogamut-list] Extracting player information

erter pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Oct 13 14:21:48 CEST 2008

Extracting player information
Hi all,

I just started looking into Pogamut, and it seems pretty good so far. There is one thing though, that I have problems figuring out.

I would like to make a bot take input from a (human) player's actions to use for training.

>From reading these forums I saw one potential solution being to use a Pogamut bot, which takes player input (so the player controls the bot), and that way records actions from the Java application. It seems, though, as if there could be some problems with that; like the bot actions are not the same as the actions available to a player (please correct me if I'm wrong here). And the delay (lag) issues.

Otherwise I suppose it is possible to write a mod for UT2004 which will have direct access to player input, and can write these to a .ini file, to later be read from the Pogamut bot.

Any thoughts on this? Have anyone else attempted this and are willing to share the knowledge? :)

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_parentId=275#form>