[Pogamut-list] How do I miss?

michal.bida pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Nov 20 19:31:04 CET 2008

Re: How do I miss?

Author: michal.bida

Confirmed. I've peeked into the code and really if you issue TURNTO command with Id of the bot it will change also bot's target to the selected bot - you can easilly avoid this problem, just use turnto location - the location will be of the desired bot.

Anyway I think this is a problem I'll add it to my list.

But lets return to your first question. There is other way hot to make bot less accurate - set his skill to lower level. You can do this in INIT command, there should be some method for this in the client. I guess the right place to init bot is in postprepareagent. There call init function and there should be some attribute DesiredSkill or skill. It can range from 1 to 7 - it is float, but you should use just integers (1,2,...). This sets the bot accuracy. 1 lowest, 7 highest. Shouldn't have any other effect - theoretically it can affect the speed of the bot or FOV, but I believe I turned this off in GameBots.