[Pogamut-list] How do I miss?

schrum2 pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Nov 20 18:30:55 CET 2008

Re: How do I miss?

Author: schrum2

I think I've figured it out, though it's still a bit odd. Making the bot fire at location (1,1,1) makes the bot shoot in whatever direction it is currently facing. So, for example, if I modify the packaged Hunter bot to shoot at location (1,1,1), but I leave in the line that makes it constantly turn towards the enemy, it will still hit opponents easily. However, if the turn command is removed and the bot is made to shoot at location (1,1,1), then it will simply fire at the same spot repeatedly.

Thanks for the help