[Pogamut-list] Player Vs Player

fabien.tence pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon May 12 11:09:45 CEST 2008

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Player Vs Player
> The bot doesn't move it just stands there.  When it sees a enemy it runs towards it and shoots at it.  Once it killed the enemy the bot then just stands there until the enemy comes back and comes close to the bot.  Then the bot goes after it and kills it and just stands there.

What you describe is exactly the [https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut_mantis/view.php?id=100|issue 100]. It is not tagged as resolved nor closed so what you experience might be due to this.

To figure this out, you should send one of your bots ALONE in a map and look at it as a spectator. If it is not moving then [https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut_mantis/view.php?id=100|issue 100] is not the cause of your problem. :)

If it is moving like a Khepera bot would, I suggest you try to see in which state is the bot (look at the output window in netbeans, "Decision is : XXX" messages).

If you have a lot of "Decision is : PURSUE" when the bot stands still, doing nothing, I suggest you remove the state 5 (comment the line just under "5) have you got enemy[...]") to see if you bot is now moving.

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_reply_threadId=181&comments_parentId=118&post_reply=1#form>