[Pogamut-list] Player Vs Player

rudolf.kadlec pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun May 4 11:45:01 CEST 2008

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Player Vs Player
Maybe I forgot to stress the word "ALMOST" in my last post :-)
In general if you find some calls to GameMap.safeRunToLocation or GameMap.getPath then your bot is probably using the navigation graph.

If you want to make the shooting version of khepera then simply add this rule to the begining of Khepera's doLogic() method.
1) If see enemy then {shoot at him; return;}

If you want to do something more complicated (eg. go to the nearest health pack), then you will have to implement some intelligent steering behaviour because usually your bot can't take the direct path to the target. There can be obstacles, cliffs etc. that your bot has to avoid. This isn't easy task and steering will typically fail if you try to use it over long distances. That's where navigation graph comes in quite handy :-)

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_reply_threadId=161&comments_parentId=118&post_reply=1#form>