[Pogamut-list] Gracefully Stop Bot

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jul 2 00:04:54 CEST 2012

Gracefully Stop Bot

Author: jacob.schrum

I feel as though I've been struggling with this problem throughout several different versions of Pogamut, and I've come up with several different hack-almost-solutions, but never really had one I was fully satisfied with.

So, if I have a bot running on a server, how do I stop the bot's execution gracefully? I want to stop the bot from running, have it disappear from the server, and be able to execute code afterwards without any nasty exceptions or fatal errors. I would like to do this several times, meaning after one bot stops, I want to start another.

On a related note: how do I gracefully kill a server (instance of IUT2004Server)? Let's say I launch a server to play a single match, and that match has a timelimit (defined in the UCCConfigWrapper). When the match is over, how do I 1) sense this from within Pogamut/Java, and 2) kill the server gracefully before it starts another map?

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_parentId=988#form>