[Pogamut-list] Portswap or some such problem

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jan 3 20:20:25 CET 2011

Re: Portswap or some such problem

Author: michal.bida

Yeah, that was one of the solutions I had in mind, when reading first post (I've missed you've already found the solution :-) ). Anyway stat sending and connecting to gamespy may sometimes cause problems, I usually edit appropriate sections of ini file (UT2004.ini) like this:

{CODE()}
[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=False
UplinkToGamespy=False
SendStats=False
ServerBehindNAT=False
DoLANBroadcast=False
bIgnoreUTANBans=False
{CODE}

and it usually helps. Moreover I have a small trick, after Unreal installation I backup unreal /System/ folder. Then when something gets wrong first I try to overwrite System folder with my backup - usually it solves the issue. If not I reinstall whole Unreal.

Best,
Michal

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=3&comments_reply_threadId=3&comments_parentId=504&post_reply=1#form>