[Pogamut-list] Assault Rifle is a Weapon too!

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Feb 5 19:19:28 CET 2011

Re: Assault Rifle is a Weapon too!

Author: jacob.schrum

Good to know.

In the meantime, here's a little more information: I put in some println command at key points, and it seems that these warnings are usually (always?) preceded by the notify method of the BotKilled listener being called. This method clears the contents of inventoryUnrealIdToWeaponDescriptor , which makes sense. The warnings usually happen after this.

I think this is because the Self class is not giving up information about the current weapon when the bot dies. The getCurrentWeapon method uses the weapon that the Self class says the bot is using to look up information in inventoryUnrealIdToWeaponDescriptor .

So, while it makes sense that the bot no longer has, for example, a Rocket Launcher, immediately after being respawned, it doesn't make sense that the Self class still thinks the bot has this weapon.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=513&post_reply=1#form>