[Pogamut-list] Multiple Servers in 3.2

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 21 20:56:34 CEST 2011

Re: Multiple Servers in 3.2

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi!

This is very unfortunate - which Java are you using + are you launching JVM in server mode?
The trick is that we're doing
{CODE()}
configField.setAccessible(true);
descField.setAccessible(true);
descField.set(this, configField.get(configMsg));
configField.setAccessible(false);
descField.setAccessible(false);
{CODE}

So even though the field is private it should be accessible for setting. Even more that bots are using the very same code as does UT2004 servers.

I'll try to put "sychronized(desc/configField)" blocks where, may be JVM is playing dirty tricks with us and multithreading is
smacking our face back as we're interleaving setAccessible true/false.

I'll try to push Pogamut 3.2.2 this night so you would be able to test that right away.

Regarding multi-server on one machine. I would suggest you to "multi-copy" your UT2004 folder and execute the UT2004 from different location.
Because last time we were using it 1 from 10 server has failed to execute leaving no trace behind what could possibly be the reason.

Also I'm not encouraging using more than one UT2004DeathMatch instance at a time. Won't be ok in long run.

Best,
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=676&post_reply=1#form>