[Pogamut-list] How to make a simple double-dodge??????

aisa87 pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 13 00:40:55 CEST 2011

Re: How to make a simple double-dodge??????

Author: aisa87

Again, I have a couple of questions hahaha, I'm sorry guys, I know I'm a pain in the ass, but you're helping me a lot :P

I was trying to make the bot explore the entire level. Because navpoints tell you if they are roaming spots, I thought of making the bot through this spots. But how can I get all navpoints in a level? I mean, through items I can get location of all of the items in one level, but what if I want all the Navpoints in a level?

Another interesting question, I don't know if you know this, but actually a combo in UT is shooting shock ball (secondary fire of shock rifle) and then hitting the shock ball with the primary fire of the shock rifle. If you hit one of this balls with the shock rifle, a explotion happens (and it's really painfull/usefull). I know I can know if there are incoming projectiles, but what about the things I shoot? can I know the position of shock ball?

I need it, to build complex shooting. I could shoot some of this balls and then make the closest one to my target explode by hitting it with the primary fire of the shock rifle.

I'm gonna post an old video (actually really old) of when I started playing with one of the best clans in my country, so you can see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNB--gUkvE0

Skip to 2:04 and you see what happens when you hit that ball. You can also check how wall jumping and double-dodging is used, if you watch the whole thing.

I'm going to open a new thread anyways, just to give you some feedback, about the things that don't work properly and the ones that could be introduced.

Cheers (:

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=621&post_reply=1#form>