[Pogamut-list] How to make a simple double-dodge??????

aisa87 pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Apr 9 13:59:12 CEST 2011

Re: How to make a simple double-dodge??????

Author: aisa87

First of all! Thanks for answering Jimmy!

I know dodging can hurt my bot aim, but we're building a bot that can compete against humans. I was an UT2K4 gamer back in my time (serious UT2k4 gamer), so we are trying to use my knowledge to make the bot behave like a gamer would. It is very important to double-dodge in certain situations. For example, if you are fighting an enemy, the best way to avoid some threats some times is making a double-dodge.
I will try dodge + jump again, with some delay and see if it works. The problem for me is that I'm new to Java, I have always programmed in C++, so there are things like interfaces or exceptions that I still don't understand very well.

I'll show you an idea of the code I have right now, so you can figure out what is not working:

changeWeapon ();
executeMovement ();
shootEnemy();

The code I have, is of course, a bit more sophisticated than that, but, in general terms, that is pretty much the idea, so, right next to that I  do the following:

// check if I hit the enemy with any weapon
if (senses.isCausingDamage()){
   PlayerDamaged playerHit= senses.getLastHitPlayer();

   // If we killed the enemy, reset the information we are guessing about the enemy
   if (senses.isPlayerKilled(enemyId)) { //

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=621&post_reply=1#form>