[Pogamut-list] Path planning to a location

bulent pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Nov 24 20:40:08 CET 2010

Path planning to a location

Author: bulent

I have path planning from center point of a cell to another  on a grid map. The center points are definitely not NavPoints. In order to move the bot I used
{CODE()}Location nextLocation = ... center location of next cell
getAct().act(new Move().setFirstLocation(nextLocation));{CODE} and moved to next location when the {CODE()}bot.getVelocity().isZero(){CODE}
It's working but the problem is the movement is not continuous, it's jerky. I tried to use pathPlanner and pathExecutor in the tutorial, however, in my experience, it only works in between NavPoints. Is there a way to make the movement more natural and continuous and still not use NavPoint as use only target Location information.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_parentId=420#form>