[Pogamut-list] Bots standing around doing nothing

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Nov 21 21:20:03 CET 2010

Re: Bots standing around doing nothing

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi!

Cool, it seems you're using agents in very interesting way ... I think I will need a bit more information :-)

1) how did you managed to reach Thread 99 count?

2) the agents you're restarting ... does it mean you're starting the same agent instance again and again? Or are you creating new agent instances after you shutdown the server?

3) The log you're receiving is not wrong ... or at least, should not be, as it catches the scenario pictured by the log
... I know it is a confusing as it is an exception, but the multi-thread synchronization always results in weird situations ... what the exception is depicting is that:
a) an agent is being stopped
b) which means, the UT2004SyncLockableWorldview must stop as well
c) but the logic thread must stop too
d) unfortunately the logic is working with UT2004SyncLockableWorldview and it happens that it must call one of worldview's method during clean up ...
e) no big deal as the logic thread is stopping too, so it will let Worldview to take care about itself and just terminates

4) so the question is, whenever the exception is being manifested? If it happens only whenever you're stopping your agent, it is completely ok.

5) is it possible to send me a code where you setup your agents / starting server / etc... something might strike my eyes...? jakub.gemrot at gmail.com

6) how many bots are you using? UT2004 can't handle too many bots, I mean whenever you connect around 16 bots to the server (or smaller number whenever the map is large), they will start to behave exactly the way you're describing (taking turns in the command execution)

Cheers!

Jimmy

P.S.: please be patient, it will probably take some time to solve the issue

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=404&post_reply=1#form>