[Pogamut-list] Launching Multiple Bots of Different Types

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Jun 9 19:25:55 CEST 2010

Re: Launching Multiple Bots of Different Types

Author: jacob.schrum

I've tried out the new constructor in MultipleUT2004BotRunner, and am running to a problem. The bots seem to be confused about the presence of enemy bots in the world, and crash as a result of a NullPointerException when getNearestEnemy is called. This happened with my own bot, but I also verified the the problem occurs with the provided Hunter bot. All I did was change the line in the main method to be:

MultipleUT2004BotRunner.BotDescriptor hunters = new MultipleUT2004BotRunner.BotDescriptor(4,Hunter.class, "Hunter");
new MultipleUT2004BotRunner(hunters).startAgent();

What's wrong?

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=221&post_reply=1#form>