[Pogamut-list] Launching Multiple Bots of Different Types

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Jun 7 22:31:23 CEST 2010

Launching Multiple Bots of Different Types

Author: jacob.schrum

The MultipleUT2004BotRunner only seems to allow for the launching of multiple bots of a single type. What if I want to launch multiple bots at the same time but of different types. If a way to do this does not exist yet, then can you help me write my own class to accomplish this? Furthermore, I'm not certain if there is a way to use the Class objects to create bots using a zero-parameter constructor. Is there a way to use constructors that take input parameters?

What I'm getting at is a way to evolve bots, but I want to evolve them against scripted bots. Therefore, as long as I'm asking about the BotRunner class, I might as well ask about how to run bot evaluations in sequence. The JavaDoc says that MultipleUT2004BotRunner and SingleUT2004BotRunner block, such that only one instance can run at a time. However, I would assume that if I terminate a running instance of either BotRunner it would be safe to start a new one. What is the appropriate way to terminate the startAgent() method of one method so that I can start a new one?

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_parentId=221#form>